Towcasters Move ISO Freight Containers Quickly and Easily without Expensive Equipment
- No need to use cranes, gantries, or side-loading forks
- Economize storage space - allows containers to be maneuvered and parked away from the lifting facility
- Ideal, low-cost solution for container manufacture, repairing and marshaling for loading and unloading
- Designed for power towing up to 5 mph - suitable for empty or evenly loaded containers up to 40-ft. in length
- No protruding parts so containers can be positioned close together without damage
- Available in sets of two swivel and two fixed casters, or four swivel casters with two directional locks to convert swivel casters into fixed casters
- Easy to install - casters can be fitted by one person
- Load capacities of 22,000 to 26,400 lbs. per set
- Rugged polyurethane-on-cast-iron wheels in 10" and 12" diameters
- Mounting heights of 15-3/4" and 17-7/8"
The patented Towbar (sold optionally in sets of two) enables towing by tractor, fork truck, or another towing vehicle. It measures 8 feet long and fits securely into the ISO container corner brackets immediately above the swivel Towcasters. The Towbars attach to the towing vehicle using standard link pins up to 1-1/2" diameter (not supplied).